Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sydney Olympic Park


the entrance the Brickpit the surrounds of Brickpit
Sydney Olympic Park is really near to where I'm staying. A 10-15min bike ride, and I'll be there. It's supposed to be a cycling haven, with flat, smooth terrain. Yet, somehow, I've never really liked the place. I think it has got something to do with the fact that I keep getting lost while cycling within the park and so I would usually cycle around the edge of the park. When JH and I were here on X'mas Day, somehow under his expert map reading, we had discovered a few interesting places. Brickpit was one of them.

"The Brickpit Ring Walk is an elevated circular walkway that allows visitors to access and view the Brickpit from above while preserving the habitat of the endangered Green and Golden Bell frog", according to the official website. http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/visiting/venues_and_parks/brickpit_ring_walk
And the best part is, entry is free!! So off I go to visit the frogs. Although there were binoculars suitably positioned around the Brickpit, I didn't see these frogs! Nah, I doubt with my not-too-keen sense of observation, I will be able to see much wildlife. Maybe if JH is around....

Then it's off to cycle to the Bay Marker, where there are a few shipwrecks...then to the boardwalk at the Badu Mangroves, where I did see those tiny colourful crabs scrambling into their holey hideouts. Bicentennial Park was next. Fortunately, with my Street Directory, I'm now able to figure the shortest and most logical way of cycling around. :) Very pleased with my directory. I can now find my way to Aldi Supermarket, where I picked up some broccoli and then it's home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home